NOTICE OF VACANCY
ELEMENTARY (PreK – 5) ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
- Must hold valid Indiana Administrative certification.
- Candidates with at least five years of successful teaching experience and current or former administrative experience are preferred.
JOB DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Supervise operations in the principal’s absence.
- Help plan daily school activities by participating in the development of school schedules, teacher assignments, and student placement assignments.
- Supervise reporting and monitoring students’ attendance and work with the Director of Operations and Safety on follow-up investigations.
- Assist with school safety drill practice activities. Current School Safety Specialist certification preferred.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- Implement a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and effectively involves parents and guardians.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students and teachers.
- Assist in the continuous evaluation of all staff.
- Must support all students at high levels through achievement and academic excellence, engaging parents and the community, and operating with fiscal responsibility, integrity, and effectiveness.
- Must demonstrate highly effective organizational, interpersonal, data analysis, and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignments.
- PAR special education case conferences and 504 meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK TO THE SA ELEMENTARY ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL APPLICATION
DEADLINE: March 17, 2023