We have terrific news for you! Families DO NOT need to come on site this year for back to school registration!!! Due to the current conditions we want to be sure that we are providing a safe option for registration this year. However, if you do not have access to a computer or need assistance in completing the forms, please call 260-589-1101 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.) to make an appointment and we will be happy to assist you.
We understand that the needs of families, especially during this time, are unique. SA will work with each Starfire family to make sure we meet those needs and continue to educate our students in a way that is best. If a family has health concerns or does not feel comfortable with their child/children attending in person, we will work with each family on an individual basis to ensure they are fully supported as they learn at home. All families need to register online by August 5. If you would like your child to learn at home, there will be an opportunity to indicate your wishes for your child to learn at home at the end of the form.
Here is the information you need to know regarding back-to-school registration:
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal is now open and online registration will be available through Wednesday, August 5. For instructions on how to access and complete please click here: Online Registration Instruction If you do not know your parent login information, please contact Myra Moore 260-589-1117 or email email@example.com.
- Medications may be dropped off to the school nurses in the K-8 Office, August 4 & 5 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.). Medications must be dropped off with a signed medication form from the physician in the Nurse’s office by August 11 in order for the student to receive medication on the first student day, August 12.
- Food Service staff will be available at school on August 4 & 5 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.) to accept Free and Reduced applications and also answer any questions related to food allergies or special dietary requirements.
- School provided laptops will be available on-site August 4 & 5 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.) for families who do not have internet access or need assistance in completing the registration form. PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE 260-589-1101 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO COME IN AND COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Payments for book rental, iPad/laptop maintenance plan and lunch deposit can be mailed, dropped off to the K8 school office (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.) or paid online through e_Funds. Please click here for information on paying through e_Funds https://www.southadams.k12.in.us/domain/22
- Parents may find their book rental fee within the PowerSchool portal
- Right now no traditional open houses are scheduled. Please stay tuned for more information.
Elementary Book Rental:
K – 95.04
1 – 121.51
2 – 109.23
3 – 104.83
4 – 101.42
5 – 118.71
6 – 142.48 w/band 155.02
Grades 7 - 12 depends on the student’s schedule
2020-2021 Lunch Prices:
Student Breakfast - $1.60
Grades K - 5 Student Lunch - $2.35
Grades 6 - 12 Student Lunch - $2.45
Milk - $.50
Adult Breakfast - $1.90
Adult Lunch - $3.30
- K-8 Office
- Secretary - Sue Shoaf, firstname.lastname@example.org , 260/589-1101
- SAES Principal - Shellie Miller, email@example.com, 260/589-1104
- SAMS Principal - Jeff Rich, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260/589-1106
- HS Office
- Leslie McPeek, email@example.com, 260/589-3133
- Principal - Cory Runkle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260/589-1107
- School Nurses
- Haley Provost, email@example.com, 260/589-1101 ext. 344
- Amber Steiner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260/589-1101 ext. 344
- Book Rental Fees- Allison Evans, email@example.com, 260/589-3133 ext. 407
- Food Services (lunch deposits, doctor notes for food allergies, free & reduced lunch applications) – Abbey Morgan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260/589-1112
- Transportation questions- Mark Cook, email@example.com, 260/589-3188
- Technology - Myra Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 260/589-1117
- Athletics/All Sports Passes - Jen Neuenschwander email@example.com, 260/589-3133 ext. 408