GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES CLUB - GOC
The Global Opportunities Club brings students together who have an interest in learning more about other countries and cultures.
The club meetings and activities focus on events that allow students to have first-hand experience with other cultures. These include field trips, guest speakers, international cuisine, foreign movies, and pen pal exchanges.
We meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month during Homeroom in Mrs. Morrison's room #816.
All SAHS students are welcome to attend all meetings and all events.
Contact Mrs. Morrison for more details
260-589-3131 (ext 427)
GREEN HONOR CORDS
GLOBAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE
Students who meet the following criteria may apply:
* attend a minimum of 75% of GOC meetings for 9th, 10th, and/or 11th grade year
* attend a minimum of 75% of GOC meetings for 12th grade year
* actively participate in at least 50% of GOC events for 9th, 10th and/or 11th grade year
* actively participate in at least 50% of GOC events for 12th grade year
* have at least 2 years of credit in one foreign language
* have a 3.0 (or higher) overall grade point average
* complete an extended classroom project with a global focus for two different classes in two school years
* present to a non-South Adams student/classroom group on a global topic
* earn 8 or more social studies credits
* actively participate in an international project
* travel outside the United States (recommended but not required)